Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sometimes...

Sometimes the hardest decisions really do turn out to be the best decisions.

Case in point - I was supposed to move to NYC for school in September. I ended up not moving. There have been times I thought I should have just done it and made my way in the world - which would have been starting from scratch seeing as my friend connection in NYC had dwindled by a few people. Instead, I am making a name for myself here in Denver, a fantastic city that I have to say is much more welcoming and much warmer than the concrete jungle. Really... if I wanted to live in a place where the nickname has the word jungle in it, I might as well move to Africa or South America.

I digress...

I have never felt more at peace than I do here. I have a city I can play in and a countryside (mountains included) where I can get lost in my thoughts. And, on top of all of that, I actually have money to enjoy life instead of working to pay the rent.

So, thank you to those couple of factors who pushed me back to the Mile High City. I am still learning and growing, but it feels so much better to grow without all the unnecessary crap that would have come with living in a place that cares more about image than about personality and humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment