Friday, July 9, 2010

What A Week...

I realize this post should have been posted on Wednesday, but it's been a crazy week of events. I can honestly say this has been and is one of the best weeks I've had in a VERY long time. The icing on the cake... Bismarck, ND.

So, Wednesday evening, my dad and I finally got my power window situation fixed. I had to log onto a Jeep forum to find the solution to the problem. Turns out a very common problem on Jeep Cherokees is that the master switch for the power windows starts thinking the windows are on child lock, thus making the windows operable from just the driver side. Well, after hours of working on it, we grounded that wire. As luck would have it, now the windows work! It is still being a little testy at the moment, but now each window operates on its own for the most part.

It got me thinking about the move home and the self-reflection I have been doing over the past few weeks. My last post referred to the windows in a way that was holding me back, leaving my life in the hands of another. Now, with the windows opening on their own, I do feel a sense of relief, of accomplishment and of freedom. I am no longer bogged down by one control determining how much air each window allows.

On top of that, and some of you may think I should have started the blog with this tidbit of news, I got a job! I am, what the news business calls, a Multimedia Journalist/Editor for the NBC station in Denver, Colorado. You may have heard of it. 9News. KUSA. THE best shop in town some may argue. Anyways, I start next week, as long as the background and drug screenings come back clean. I am extremely excited and extremely grateful for the job and everyone who was integral in making it happen. I won't be on the air, but I will be editing video from NBC National, in-house video and playing photographer and writer. I can say I am honestly blessed.

On top of all of that, a very, very good friend of mine is back in town visiting for the weekend. So, in true fashion, we wrangled up the original four to head out and paint the town red. We hadn't all been together in the same place for four years! Now, I am heading to Bismarck, ND, for a weekend of my own to see some very important people in my life. More on that when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment